W2 Communications is always on the lookout for the best and brightest communicators and public relations professionals in the technology industry. If you are interested in a public relations career at our company or would like an informational interview…
Seasoned PR Experts with Technology Industry Experience
W2 Communications is a nationally recognized, leading strategic communications firm that creates aggressive awareness and credibility campaigns for our clients, primarily information technology companies. We are expanding our team to support new client opportunities and looking for results driven, creative Account Executives to oversee client activities. Successful candidates will be people who are proactive, media savvy, excellent writers, and can execute day-to-day strategic PR activities across multiple accounts, understand client stakeholders and the importance of how we serve them. Need to have experience in managing interns, Account Coordinators, Senior Account Coordinators and managing media interviews. Having some experience working with business-to-business and business-to-government technology companies a plus.
This Account Executive will play an integral role in public/media relations, corporate communications, and content creation for our company and our clients. Looking to hire in offices located in San Francisco (temporarily remote) or Washington DC Area (Metro accessible in Tysons Corner, VA).
- Connect with influential media outlets and journalists to place stories about company news and other initiatives.
- Assist with event planning, including working with vendors, event coordinators, and design teams for on-site collateral.
- Execute day-to-day strategic PR activities across accounts.
- Multi-task across several account teams and work closely on managing interns, Account Coordinators, Senior Account Coordinators and/or Assistant Account Executives.
- Manage press interviews with clients.
- Maintain speaking, awards, editorial calendars and more to ensure clients are receiving the most relevant opportunities possible to reach their core audience and increase brand/product/service awareness.
- Serve as a key ‘copy editor’ across accounts, ensuring that all work you are managing is ‘client ready.’
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders within W2 Communications to advance the company culture, growth path and more.
- Create coverage summaries and reports.
- Create content regularly for your client accounts and on behalf of W2 Communications to grow the company’s footprint (press releases, corporate announcements, and creative content and thought leadership white papers).
- Take an active role in learning the public relations industry, the key technology areas we focus on including healthcare and cybersecurity and being proactive in your growth within the organization.
- Collaborate with prominent members of the company and the media, including executives, to craft and pitch press releases and thought leadership columns.
- Establish a sustainable, strategic approach to PR based on adding value to our clients.
- Attend local PR and technology events on a quarterly basis.
- Travel for this position is minimal but opportunities do arise.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent working experience.
- Past experience in public relations, corporate communications or content marketing.
- Skilled in creating, editing, and promoting written and visual content.
- The ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment.
- A self-starter. We work as a team, but it’s incredibly vital to each person’s success at W2 Communications that they be proactive and take pride in personal excellence.
- A desire to be a leader within an organization and plant roots to grow within your next place of employment
- Ideal candidate will have experience pitching, crafting, and placing content externally through guest blogging or op-ed development and experience with event management and sponsorships.
What’s in it for you at W2 Communications?
- Management team and business owners who are committed to not only serve clients, but allow employees to develop a keen business acumen needed for career growth long term
- A chance to fine tune your media relations, client service and strategic thinking skills in a smart, fast-moving and creative environment
- Direct contact with cutting-edge technology firms that are changing the world, from Fortune 500 companies to emerging and mid-sized firms and market leaders nationally
- A career path that supports professional development, promotes growth from within (99% of our management team started here and worked their way up)
- A fun and collaborative environment that values people, their ideas and creates a place for your thoughts to be heard
- Industry excellent compensation and superior benefits packages, financial incentives, reward and recognition programs, and a culture that builds a great team environment, respectful of your life outside the office
Named one of the Best Places to Work in Washington DC and a strong focus on company culture and personal growth opportunities, we have a dynamic atmosphere that challenges and engages our employees. We have built a team that is respected by our clients and the rest of the industry. To learn more about us, visit www.w2comm.com. To submit resume, please send resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes submitted without salary requirements will not be considered.
Please submit resume, references and salary requirements to email@example.com